The HeartCode ACLS Course is geared towards Healthcare Professionals who manage cardiovascular emergencies or cardiopulmonary arrest.
The AHA’s ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This blended learning course delivers quality resuscitation education regardless of where providers are located and gives students more control to complete the course at their own pace.
Providers first complete the online portion of HeartCode ACLS and then complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA ACLS Instructor, available by appointment.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a 2-year Certification Card from the American Heart Association.
- Completion of the HeartCode ACLS e-learning course through the American Heart Association ($158 course cost).
How to reserve your seat:
- Add this course to your shopping cart and complete payment. In the “messages” box, please tell us which days/times work best for you to come in for the skills check. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive a follow-up email from our team.
- Complete the HeartCode ACLS e-learning course through the American Heart Association ($158 course cost).
- Email your completed course certification to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 727-900-4370.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who direct or manage cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies; personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units; physicians, nurses, and paramedics; and others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
What does this course teach?
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team