BLS Provider/Renewal Course provides you with the foundations for saving a life during a cardiac arrest!
The BLS Certification/Renewal Course for Healthcare Professionals trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED. BLS Provider Certification Courses are offered weekly under the guidance of an AHA Certified Instructor.
This class is fully in-person and takes about 2 hours. For the blended learning option, please click here.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a 2-year BLS Provider Certification Card from the American Heart Association.
- Purchase BLS Provider Manual through AHA website ($15 cost)
How to reserve your seat:
From the drop-down menu above, select which date works best for you, add to shopping cart, and complete payment.
Within 24-48 hours, you will receive a follow-up email from our team confirming your registration.
If you have any questions, please call 727-900-4370.
Who should take this course?
The AHA’s BLS Provider Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. This includes:
- CNAs, Caregivers, Home Health Aides, Doctors, Nurses, EMTs, Pharmacists
- Physician Assistants, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists
- Dental Assistants, Dentists, Dental Office Staff, Doctor’s Office Staff
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants