The BLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare you to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning courses!
This course educates instructor candidates on how to use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies. The course covers core content and Basic Life Support content required to teach AHA BLS and Heartsaver courses.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a 2-year Instructor Certification Card from the American Heart Association.
- Students must have a current BLS certification.
- Completion of BLS Instructor Essentials e-learning course through AHA website ($38 cost).
How to reserve your seat for the BLS Instructor Essentials Course:
- Add this course to your shopping cart and complete payment. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive a follow-up email from our team with further details on becoming an AHA Instructor.
- Complete the BLS Instructor Essentials e-learning course through the American Heart Association ($38 course cost).
- Email your completed course certification to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 727-900-4370.
Who should take this course?
The American Heart Association is always seeking professionals to conduct training in first aid, CPR, AED, and advanced cardiovascular care. If you are passionate about saving lives, motivated to facilitate learning, feel comfortable in group settings, and find it easy to make complex concepts understandable to others, you may be a perfect candidate.
What does this course teach?
Course content covers steps for becoming an AHA BLS Instructor and steps of the instruction cycle:
- Test & Remediate
- Keep Current
This course includes core information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information.