The Heartsaver CPR AED Certification Course is designed to prepare you to react in the event of a cardiac emergency!
The Heartsaver CPR AED Certification course trains participants to give CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Students practice CPR AED skills for adults, children, and/or infants. The course empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
This course is fully in-person and takes about 2 hours. For the blended learning option, please click here.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a 2-year Instructor Certification Card from the American Heart Association.
- Purchase the Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook, available as either an eBook ($2.50 cost) or physical copy ($2.75 cost).
How to reserve your seat:
Add this course to your shopping cart and complete payment.
Within 24-48 hours, you will receive a follow-up email from our team to set up a date/time for your class.
If you have any questions, please call 727-900-4370.
Who should take this course?
This course is for anyone with little or no medical training who needs CPR AED training and a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA, USCG), or other requirements. This includes:
- Lifeguards, Teachers, Babysitters
- Coaches, Scout Leaders, Hotel & Restaurant Staff
Anyone can be a TRY-stander, and be prepared to act in an emergency.
What does this course teach?
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child & infant modules are optional. They can be included at no extra charge.