- Recognize common transmission methods of HIV.
- Recognize treatment methods for HIV.
- Describe infection control procedures.
- List prevention strategies for reducing the transmission of HIV in the salon/spa environment.
- Identify best practices to avoid perpetuating HIV-associated stigma.
Anyone looking to acquire their facial specialist license MUST take the 4-hour Initial HIV/AIDS course for licensure. This course is also approved for cosmetology, nail specialist, and full specialist endorsement license 4-hour Initial HIV/AIDs training requirement.
Such topics covered throughout the course include:
- Modes of transmission of HIV
- Progression of HIV/AIDS
- Safer practices in salons/spas
- Appropriate attitudes dealing with clients who may have HIV or AIDS
At the end of the 4-hour course, there will be a 10-question final exam that covers the information you have learned.
Students have an unlimited amount of attempts to pass.
- Participants will create a free Canvas account in order to access the materials.
- Participants must attend ALL hours to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Read more about us HERE
Looking for another course? CLICK HERE